Update on City Recovery
November 9, 2012
Around Town by Neal Tepel
Mayor Bloomberg signed an emergency executive order yestarday establishing an odd-even license plate system for gasoline purchases to reduce wait times and lines at gas stations.The temporary system will remain in effect from 6:00 AM on Friday until further notice and will operate as follows:
· Vehicles with license plates ending in an even number purchase fuel on even numbered days.
· Vehicles with license plates ending in an odd number purchase fuel on odd numbered days.
· Vehicles with licenses plates ending in letters will be deemed as odd numbered plates and can make purchases on odd numbered days.
· Commercial vehicles, emergency vehicles, buses and paratransit vehicles, Medical Doctor (MD) plates and vehicles licensed by the Taxi and limousine Commission are exempt.
· The use of legal walk-up fuel containers by individuals is not affected by the executive order.